- Bobby pins. You’ve probably been using these the wrong way; the ribbed edge should go against the head while the flat edge is visible on top! This way they stay in longer and hold the hair better!
- Dry feet? Mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar into 1/2 cup of coconut oil or your favourite oil and apply this to your feet in a circular motion. It helps to get of a lot of the dead skin and leaves your feet silky smooth.
- Your toothbrush is one of the best tools out there! Use a toothbrush to exfoliate the lips. First apply your favourite lip balm then rub in small, circular motions with the toothbrush and rinse off.
- Got a grease stain on your shirt? Just rub regular white chalk on the oil splatters and the grease will soak right up, and the stain comes out once you wash your top!
- Dip your eyeliner pencil in water to give you that liquid liner look!
- Spray the bristles of a toothbrush with hairspray to help tame flyaway’s. Since the bristles of each toothbrush are so close together, they act as a super-tiny bristle brush. Plus this also works great for those crazy eyebrow hairs we all get! Use the same method as the above and spray the head of your toothbrush with hairspray and smooth out those hairs to keep them in place!
- The bottom of the hairspray can works great for taming flyaway’s as well. The metal attracts the static and stops it!
- After applying your liquid eyeliner, while still wet, dab on a powder eye shadow to get a new and fun eyeliner colour!
- Don’t let the hot water splash on your face in the shower. Instead cup your hands and splash on your face. The direct and hard splashing will cause broken capillaries and redness!
- Apply your liquid eyeliner after your mascara. It will accentuate your lashes and give you that cat eye look!
- Apply your facemask while you are in the tub. The steam helps keep the mask active longer and forces you to take time for yourself! (No excuses!)
- If you have delicate or red skin, don’t use a face cloth as this can aggravate the problem! Other options: splash your face with water or invest in some super soft and gentle baby face cloths!
- Hot flashes happen often? Keep a small mist bottle of your toner in the fridge for an instant cool down. Works great after a work out and if you keep a bottle in your purse or desk, you’ve got an instant midday refresher!
- After blow-drying your hair, hit that cool switch and give it a good blast of cool air. Not only does it give you a boost of coolness but it also sets in your style! Works great on the flyaway’s on your hairline!
- Weekly shampoo and condition your makeup brushes! This prevents breakouts on the skin and stops bacteria from spreading! Don’t forget your sponges too; they should be washed regularly as well!
- Hand sanitizer works great at removing hair colour on the skin.
- If you get hair colour or a stain on your clothing, immediately spray with hairspray and the stain should wash right off in the wash!
- If you don’t have time to wash your hair everyday just wash your bangs instead! It gives the framing of your face a little refresher!
- If you’re prone to frizz, dry your hair by pressing it with a towel, not rubbing it.
- If you go to the sauna often, use this tine to give you hair a deep condition! Apply the conditioner to your hair (after shampooing of course) then toss on a shower cap. The heat will help the conditioner penetrate deeper and you are left with soft shiny hair!
– See more at: http://massagetherapypeterborough.com/mom-matters-free-flower/#sthash.AmerN6gG.dpuf
The Urban Spa