We have recently added a wonderful new Registered Massage Therapist and Reiki Practitioner to the Urban Spa team and, as always, we wanted our guests to get to know her! She is looking forward to meeting you all as you come into the spa! Please join us in welcoming Marsha Roscoe!
“After working in the healthcare field for years, I took some time off to do a yoga teacher training in Nicaragua. It was at that time that I realized I wanted to focus on people’s wellness rather than illness. I came home, quit my job, and decided to become a traveling yogini. After a year I realized I was called to do more, and decided to take the Massage Therapy Program. During this time, I also completed my level 1 in Reiki and realized the huge benefits of therapeutic touch. I take a holistic approach to working with others and believe that massage therapy and Reiki can help balance our physical, mental, and spiritual health.”
- Name: Marsha Roscoe.
- Favourite Colour: Depends on the day; but always bright pink.
- Hobbies, What do you like to do if not working: Muay Thai, running, hiking, biking, reading.
- Fun fact about myself: I am secretly a huge nerd. School is like, my favourite thing ever.
- Favourite Movie: Just one? That’s too much pressure. Probably 16 Candles.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I’ve been a few places, but I want to get to the Maldives.
- Favourite Urban Spa service to give: Massage J.
- Favourite Urban Spa service to receive: Also massage.
- Favourite book: The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer.
- TV show you can’t live without: Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- If you were stuck on an island, what would be the one thing you’d want with you? Music of some form.
- Secret Indulgence: bubble gum.
- Did you go to school for anything else besides this career – even if you decided to switch to another career option: Social work and psychology – remember; nerd J.
- Give 3 items on your Bucket List:
- Write a book.
- Swim with dolphins in their natural habitat.
- Get my PhD.
Marsha is also offering Reiki at the spa! Check out the details below.
Reiki – Book Now!
The form of reiki we offer is hands-on, and each session will be performed with the client fully clothed, on a treatment table. Music is an option, though you are welcome to experience the session without it. You may experience a variety of sensations (e.g. heat), emotions, and/or visual or auditory experiences. The practitioner acts as a conduit of healing energy, that may help balance clients physically, mentally or spiritually. The benefits of reiki vary depending on the guest, but may include: improved sleep, faster recovery time from physical health concerns, increased sense of well-being, etc.
60 minutes ……………………………..…….. $83 (level 1)