Many brides ask great questions but they also forget to ask a few critical questions. We’ve put together a 3 part series on questions brides should be asking but often don’t.
Here’s an article we wrote about the big waxing debate for brides – read more here.
What kind of makeup should a bride get?
- Consider climate before picking makeup. If in a warmer climate you might want to avoid using oil based products, due to excess oil and shine.
- Keep in mind that cameras and lights tone down makeup. The application will need to be a little more than your normal makeup. Also you want to use makeup with a lot of pigment. You want your makeup to be strong in colour and long lasting.
- Use a primer on face and eyes before applying makeup. This is a very important step that helps to have a smooth makeup application and have it last all day long. It also can be used to help avoid oil and shine on the skin.
- Waterproof mascara (in case of any tears)
- Carry products on you for touch ups (lip colour)
- Play it safe- Aim to enhance yourself, not to make big changes
When to get a makeup trial done?
A makeup trial should be at least (3) weeks before the wedding, to ensure that your makeup artist will achieve the look you desire. This gives you time to make any changes if the look needs to be altered in any way. Also if any extra products or supplies need to be ordered, they will be there for your big day.
When to get trial hair done?
A hair trial should be done at least (3) weeks before the wedding to ensure your hairstylist can perfect the style you desire. Booking your trial makeup and hair on the same day is the best idea because you will get an idea of what the total “look,” will be. Also you are all set to have a great night on the town.
About The Urban Spa Peterborough
The Urban Spa specializes in Bachelorette & Wedding Groups.
- We will reserve the spa exclusively for you with a group as small as 4 plus the bride
- We’ve hosted groups from 4 to 12+
- We will theme the spa just for your group (you can pick a color scheme and food theme)
- We provide value-added services at no extra charge. Things such as gourmet meats and cheese plates, mimosas & champagne, sweet plates & exquisite cupcakes (@ NO CHARGE!)
- We guarantee you’ll have a great time!
- We’ll provide you with a no obligation quote for your group. You can pay as one lump sum or individually; we’ll make it work any way you want. We work with all budgets of $50+
To schedule your FREE, no obligation group consultation email Kerri@UrbanSpaPeterborough.com