We are pleased to announce that Makenna Laughlin is the newest Esthetician at the fastest growing spa in Peterborough, The Urban Spa.
“I was born in Oshawa but I was raised far from that in the beautiful country town of Cavan. Purple may be my favourite colour and I love everything to do with the esthetics but I sure know how to kick it in cowboy boots and enjoy living life on the outskirts of Peterborough.”
“This industry continues to grow day by day and I can’t wait to continue my learning and developing new skills so I’m always up to speed! I love doing all services in the spa but I receive extra pleasure from performing facials because watching the client doze off from the level of relaxation I provided them brings me the upmost satisfaction! I also love being able to customize facials to meet each client’s individual needs. It’s an honour to be part of such an amazing, successful team at the Urban Spa!”
1. Name: Makenna Laughlin
2. Nicknames: Ken, and Kenna
3. What is your favourite colour? Purple
4. Hobbies, what do you like to do when you’re not working? Being with the family, reading, snowmobiling, going to country concerts and fishing
5. Fun fact about myself: I am a country girl. I live in Cavan and have always loved the outdoor fun that my hometown has to offer.
6. Favourite Movie: The Lucky One
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? I would travel to Australia! The weather would be fabulous and there are so many sights I want to see.
8. Favourite Urban Spa service to give: The Purifying Facial
9. Favourite Urban Spa service to receive: The Urban Spa Pedicure
10. Favourite Book: The Lucky One… The book is just as good as the movie
11.Tv Show you cant live without? One Tree Hill
12. If you were stuck on an island what is the one thing that you would want? I would make sure I had my partner as I wouldn’t want to be alone and he is my best friend that I wouldn’t want to go a day without.
13. Secret Indulgence: Popcorn
14. Did you go to school for anything else besides this career- even if you decided to switch to another career option? I took a course to become a certified lash technician.
3 items on bucket list:
– Take a weekend trip to the mountains for a snowmobiling adventure
– Travel to a place outside of Canada
– Further my career within the industry and be successful at it
– Buy a house!