Voted Peterborough’s Favourite Spa three years running (among many other awards), The Urban Spa is looking for a Spa Assistant to help us run the behind-the-scenes tasks smoothly. This would include assisting with phone calls from guests, laundry, filing, assisting contractors with setting up for their services, and more.
Many people would think this is an ‘easy job’ but the fact is, this is another of the MOST IMPORTANT roles at the spa because you help us to run everything smoothly and on time for our guests, contractors, and Guest Reservation Specialists.
“This is my dream. I’ve tried every other spa and nothing compares” – Jennifer Cowey, Esthetician.
The team atmosphere at The Urban Spa is like nothing you’ve ever seen before. We are friends, we are co-workers, we are like family and we dedicate every day to being different and making a difference.
What we offer to you:
- The greatest team atmosphere – Team parties, excursions and an awesome rewards program for our guests.
- People who actually care about your work-life balance (Seriously! It’s not just talk!).
- Health benefits.
- Training and education bonus.
- Team rates on all services and products.
- Family rates on all services and products.
- Flexible work hours – we are open 7 days a week.
- Full time or part time hours available.
- View your schedule from home or with our App.
What we offer to our guests:
- Direct billing for multiple insurance companies.
- Online booking.
- Multiples services (Hair, Esthetics, RMT) & modalities (Boreal, Hot Stone, Bamboo, Aroma).
- Homecare products available on site (heating pads, ice packs, massage aids, Urban Spa essential oils, Bathorium products, and much more!).
- Referral network available for physio/chiro/acupuncture as needed.
- Free Nespresso and multiple kinds of fresh fruit water.
- Free parking.
- And much more!
What we are looking for in a Spa Assistant:
- Drive, determination and a positive attitude to make a difference.
- The willingness to go above and beyond to serve our guests. This isn’t a motto for us, this is our culture.
- Experience in a spa or hotel setting is an asset but not necessary. We are willing to train.
- Retail experience is an asset.
- Great customer service skills and phone skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Experience with Apple computers or willingness to learn an asset.
Our Spa Assistants…
- Assist our service providers to set up for services when needed.
- Help the spa run smoothly by doing laundry, stocking rooms, filing documents, imputing guest information, and more.
- Serve refreshments to our guests.
- Offer our Guest Reservation Specialists break relief when needed.
- Excell working in a tech-based environment, using text, applications, email, and other ways to communicate with each other while working.
- Assist with other “behind the scenes” tasks.
“I will be here for life!” – Cole Leptick, voted Peterborough’s Favourite RMT