We have recently added a wonderful new Makeup Artist to the Urban Spa team and, as always, we wanted our guests to get to know her! She is looking forward to meeting you all as you come into the spa! Please join us in welcoming Taylor Drake 🙂
“I have lived in Peterborough since I learned to walk, and while a part of me will always love being in big cities, I couldn’t imagine calling anywhere else my home. Animals, especially foxes, hold a special place in my heart, and whenever someone asks me the best part of no longer being shy, my answer is almost always “I’m not afraid to ask strangers if I can pet their dog”. I have always loved drawing and painting, and makeup quickly became an extension of that for me: a creative outlet that I could wear anywhere I wanted to go. I believe it is art, and can only enhance the beauty that everyone already has. I am extremely excited to be given the opportunity to grow as an artist with the Urban Spa, and to be welcomed into such a wonderful family, with equally incredible guests. ”
2. Nicknames: Tay, Taylo (we’re trying to make T-Drake happen…)
3. Favourite Colour: Lilac or Tiffany Blue
4. Hobbies, what do you like to do if not working: My favourite thing to do lately is create/recreate face charts. I also like reading, writing, video games, and volleyball.
5. Fun fact about myself: I cannot stay with one hair colour for very long. Even if I absolutely love the colour, I need to switch it up on a regular basis.
6. Favourite Movie: Moana, Tangled, The Little Mermaid… I’m obsessed with everything Disney, although I love a good horror film every now and then as well 🙂
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Rome or Venice, somewhere with an interesting history – and also the beautiful Gondola rides would be a bonus!
8. Favourite Urban Spa service to give: For now – makeup application! It is my passion, although I can’t wait to grow and learn different services as well.
9. Favourite Urban Spa service to receive: Urban Relief Facial (w/ Cold Stone). My allergies are horrible in the summer, so this service has become a life saver for me!
10. Favourite Book: The Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong. Technically, it is three books, but it’s all one story, so I think I’m still safe. 🙂
11. TV show you can’t live without: House
12. If you were stuck on an island what would be the one thing you’d want with you? My cats – I’d miss them both far too much if I had to leave them behind.
13. Secret Indulgence: Raw cookie dough/cake batter. I’ve heard countless times how bad it is, but that has yet to stop me!
14. Did you go to school for anything else besides this career: Creative writing was my favourite subject in high school, so I went to college for it as well as soon as I graduated.
15. Give 3 items on your bucket list:
– Publish a novel
– Go on a road trip with a few close friends
– Learn how to do latté art