We have recently added a wonderful new Esthetician to the Urban Spa team and, as always, we wanted our guests to get to know her! She is looking forward to meeting you all as you come into the spa! Please join us in welcoming Shaelyn O’Marra! 🙂
“I was born in Peterborough and have spent most of my life here. I went to PCVS for the Visual Arts program and graduated from Fleming from the Esthetics Program in 2015. I’ve always been a bit of an art dork, dabbling in painting, drawing, ceramics, makeup, knitting, sewing, photography, art history, printmaking and pretty much any other art medium you can think of! Music is my life! My favourite bands/artists are David Bowie, Lorde, Alvvays, Grizzly Bear, Kendrick Lamar, and Leon Bridges. When I’m not working I’m traveling. The Netherlands, Barcelona, and Greece have been my favourite places I’ve visited so far, and the list of places I want to visit is always growing. I love everything about esthetics and working in the spa industry, but I love doing foot care the most. I’m so excited to be working at The Urban Spa; the team atmosphere is incredible! ”
- Name: Shaelyn Nicole O’Marra.
- Nicknames: Shae.
- Favourite Colour: Purple.
- Hobbies, what do you like to do if not working: Reading, knitting, hanging with my pals, travelling, listening to music, and spending way too much time on the Internet lol.
- Fun fact about myself: I tap danced for over 10 years! Not continuously tho; that would be exhausting. I also have a Harry Potter tattoo and a Disney tattoo!
- Favourite Movie: La La Land, Funny Face, Singin’ In The Rain, Moana, and Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? It’s always changing, but right now it would probably be Iceland, because it’s freaking beautiful, or Egypt, because I’ve been obsessed with Ancient Egypt since I was a kid.
- Favourite Urban Spa service to give: Pedicures for sure! (Pssssst I’m a Certified Master Pedicurist) I also love doing facials as well!
- Favourite Urban Spa service to receive: I’m a terrible client to have, but I love getting facials and massages! Also getting my hair washed! Best feeling ever!!
- Favourite Book: All the Harry Potter books (except The Order of the Phoenix, Harry was just waaaay to angsty), Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche, The Handmaid’s Tale, Pride & Prejudice and anything by Rick Riordan.
- TV show you can’t live without: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Jane The Virgin, and RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- If you were stuck on an island what would be the one thing you’d want with you: Sunscreen, otherwise I would burn to a crisp!!
- Secret Indulgence: Really terrible rom-coms. Everyone needs a little bit of cheesy in there life sometimes!
- Did you go to school for anything else besides this career – even if you decided to switch to another career option: Was all signed up to start my Bachelors Degree in History at Trent and then realized esthetics was what I wanted to do.
- Give 3 items on your bucket list: