Who is Diana Stephens? (lol, who even knows.) Diana is a super fun, talented, laid back stylist and guest relation expert who’s favourite thing is when everyone is having a good time!
1. Name: Diana Loree Stephens
2. Nicknames: Dee, Sugar Bee, Big Sister
3. Favourite Colour: pink! All pink all the time; peony, petal, baby, fuchsia, magenta, hot pink, hibiscus, Barbie etc.
4. Hobbies, what do you like to do if not working: In the summer I’m always in the garden! In recent years I have really developed my green thumb and have a huge veggie garden, perennial veggie and fruit boxes, and a ginormous flower garden! I also love preserving and canning everything I grow, most the time I feel like I’m pretending to be a pioneer! One of the best things about gardening is that my puppies are always invited! I also love to read (fantasy/fiction/romance), sew (mini-quilts, clothes, alterations), paint (acrylic on literally anything), embroider (mostly sassy phrases) and cook!
5. Fun fact about myself: After high school I got a diploma in Theatre Production and worked as a freelance costume designer in Toronto for a couple of years!
6. Favourite Movie: Moonstruck with Cher and young Nicholas Cage
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I would love to travel around Europe for a while! I’ve been or can get myself anywhere I want to go in North American and the Caribbean but I’d like to visit places where the history seeps out of the walls and streets!
8. Favourite Urban Spa service to give: TBA!!!!
9. Favourite Urban Spa service to receive: ALL OF THEM PLS
“I love styling and cutting long hair. I’m also a big fan of providing a VIP hair experience, not just a cut or style. I’m trained in Aveda, L’Oreal and Redken. I enjoy complex colours, fashion colours, brights, neons and Balayage.” Diana Stephens
10. Favourite Book: The Year of the Flood by Margaret Attwood
11. TV show you can’t live without: Brooklyn 99 / Barefoot Contessa
12. If you were stuck on an island what would be the one thing you’d want with you? Machete… I’ve watched too much “Naked and Afraid” to go with anything else!! (If I could have more I’d also like bug spray, a fire starter, fresh water and my wife)
13. Secret Indulgence: Brie with red pepper jelly
14. Did you go to school for anything else besides this career: For sure! I went to Sheridan for Technical Theatre Production, the Donato Academy of Hairstyling and I’m currently going into my 3rd year at Fleming for Business Administration – Human Resources. I like to think all my education is adding up and building on earlier skills and dreams and will continue to take me on a super fun life/ride!
15. Give 3 items on your bucket list.
A) Wandering around the Nevada desert and finding geodes
B) Buying a house in the boonies
C) Having a baby!