We have recently added a wonderful new Esthetician to the Urban Spa team and as always, we wanted our guests to get to know her 🙂 She has been in the industry for 6 years and is looking forward to meeting you all as you come into the spa! Please join us in welcoming Amy Peers 🙂
“What made me choose to be an Esthetician was, weirdly enough, my dad. He primarily raised me and my brother growing up and always took time to make sure I wasn’t just ‘one of the boys’. Together, we learned makeup and hair and he even taught me how to shave my legs, lol. I wanted to give that experience to others to help them feel good about themselves and make them feel special – help give them tools to feel their best!”
1. Name: Amy
2. Nicknames: Ames, Amerz, Peers and Ehmay
3. Favourite Colour: If you ask anyone they will all say Gold, haha!
4. Hobbies, what do you like to do if not working: Hanging out with my pug, kitty and boyfriend, home renos (never ending) reading, trying new recipes – in the winter I am ALWAYS outside swimming, gardening, canoeing. Im a summerbug
5. Fun fact about myself: I have a problem rescuing needy animals
6. Favourite Movie: Anything directed by Wes Anderson or The Cohen Brothers
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Mexico – because I was born on Cinqo de Mayo
8. Favourite Urban Spa service to give (one only): Lash extensions, I love the end results!
9. Favourite Urban Spa service to receive (one only): A massage ☺
10. Favourite Book: She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb. I have read it at least over two hundred times
11. TV show you can’t live without: Anything reality TV – cheesier the better. Right now it’s Alaskan Bush People
12. If you were stuck on an island what would be the one thing you’d want with you!: Haha – my pug
13. Secret Indulgence: Blaring 90s music in my car when driving by myself or with my bestie – we love a good sing-a-long!
14. Did you go to school for anything else besides this career – even if you decided to switch to another career option: I’ve studied radio-broadcasting though it wasn’t for me. If I was to do anything else I would want to be a wedding/event planner.
15. Give 3 items on your bucket list:
1. Own 10 rental properties (already one down)
2. Meet Cher
3. Retire in Florida