(**Promotion Now Available! FREE CUT ADD ON ($20 Value) to any colour service. LIMITED TIME and LIMITED AVAILABILITY –> Call 705-741-1212 OR Book Online. Please mention Hair Cut Promo at time of booking.*)
We have recently added a wonderful new Hair Designer to the Urban Spa team and, as always, we wanted our guests to get to know her 🙂 She is looking forward to meeting you all as you come into the spa! Please join us in welcoming Amanda Galbraith, full-time hair designer @ The Urban Spa 🙂
“I was born and raised in Oshawa, slowly making Peterborough area my forever home. I graduated the hairstyling program from Career School in Oshawa and have been in the industry for over 6 years. I have had a passion for hair since I was a little girl, always giving my barbies new styles and even my sister once! I love being involved in the community where I can. While not behind the chair you can find me adjusting to farm life! ”
2. Nicknames: Manda, Manders, Rosie
3. Favourite Colour: Purple and Coral
4. Hobbies, what do you like to do if not working: Outdoor – fishing and hunting, yoga, working out, watching live sports, theatre, relaxing!
5. Fun fact about myself: I’m a city girl learning to live a county life!
6. Favourite Movie: Don’t really have a favourite! My go to are my romantic comedies or chick flicks!
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? England or Western Europe! I love historical backgrounds or anything to war times, secretly fascinates me!
8. Favourite Urban Spa service to give: An amazing blowout!
9. Favourite Urban Spa service to receive: Massage!
10. Favourite Book: Have yet to find a favourite book! Love my gossip magazines or gluten free magazines!
11. TV show you can’t live without: Greys Anatomy or Downton Abbey
12. If you were stuck on an island what would be the one thing you’d want with you? Cellphone with endless data!
13. Secret Indulgence: SWEETS! Have a really bad sweet tooth!
14. Did you go to school for anything else besides this career: Nope! Have had a passion for hair since I was a little girl!
15. Give 3 items on your bucket list.
A) cross country road trip – Canada
B) travel to Europe
C) grow my own garden fruits and vegetables – currently have a black thumb!