While at your favorite Peterborough Spa, you may have noticed Jojoba oil. It is a versatile healing oil and is used in spas in Peterborough and throughout the U.S.
First question – how do you pronounce this word?
Here are seven reasons to use Jojoba oil:
1. Moisturizes skin: When skin is washed, the protective layer of sebum is removed with the dirt. Using Jojoba oil during your next massage therapy in Peterborough will prevent skin from over drying and leave it soft and supple.
2. Controls oily skin: Although it seems counterintuitive to use oil on already-oily skin, rubbing Jojoba oil on skin can surprisingly help reduce oiliness by controlling sebum production.
3. Protects chapped lips: Jojoba oil forms a barrier to effectively lock in moisture. Dabbing a drop of the oil on lips will protect from the excessive cold and wind.
4. Heals dry hands and cracked feet: Hands and feet do not have the sebaceous glands to keep them soft. Applying Jojoba oil to hands and feet daily will help lock in moisture and keep them softer longer. Ask your Peterborough Spa to apply the oil during a manicure or pedicure.
5. Provides relief from skin conditions: Jojoba oil has not only been shown to relieve the dryness and itchiness associated with skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, but it also has been proven to provide a protective layer to the skin, reducing the risk of secondary infections. Your massage therapist in Peterborough can discuss the benefits of using Jojoba oil for these conditions.
6. Controls hair loss: Jojoba oil helps control hair loss by allowing follicles to grow new hair. It dissolves sebum buildup and clears of blockage that can cause a slow down of new hair growth.
7. Wards off dandruff: Jojoba oil is naturally rich in zinc and selenium, items commonly used to treat dandruff. A few drops of the oil on hair while showering eliminates dandruff and leaves hair healthy and clean.
The Urban Spa in Peterborough understands the importance of using Jojoba oil for soft skin which is why we’ve created a VERY LIMITED seasonal Jojoba Prickly Pear Manicure and Pedicure combination.
And we’re not the only ones to talk about the benefits of Jojoba oil. To see what Beardoholic has to say about it, click here!