<introductory rates are at the bottom of this post> The Urban Spa in Peterborough is proud and excited to announce the start of Jennie Persson as our newest team member joining our team of Registered Massage Therapists.
Given that we at The Urban Spa are a boutique spa in peterborough, we do not rush to hire just anybody. We take our time and we make sure we make a decision that will be for the benefit of the clients.
After 6 months of research and careful consideration, we have found that very special person. Help us welcome Jennie Persson, RMT! Below you will read some interesting facts about Jennie. We love her positive outlook on life and her awesome energy.
1. Name: Jennie Persson
2. Nicknames: Most people just call me Jennie, but a few friends call me “Peas,” a nickname I was given in college. It came from always being one of many Jen/Jennie/Jennifers in class. So, I was “Jennie P” to differentiate. That eventually was shortened to just Peas.
3. Favourite Colour: I love all the shade of aqua, turquoise and teal.
4. Hobbies, what do you like to do if not working: In my spare time I like to refinish vintage furniture, and go thrift shopping for vintage treasures.
5. Fun fact about myself: I recently started an etsy store (online) to sell my vintage finds. It’s called Electric City Vintage, and can be found atwww.etsy.com/ca/shop/ECVShoppe
6. Favourite Movie: The Royal Tennenbaums, or anything by Wes Anderson.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I would love to visit Belize one day. It looks like an amazing place, with its rain forests, coral reef, cave systems and beaches. For a small country, it has a lot of different things to see and do.
8. Favourite Urban Spa service to give: My favorite is prenatal massage. I love seeing the progression throughout a woman’s pregnancy and hearing all the updates. It’s such an exciting time for a family, so it’s pretty special to get to share in that and help them with the aches and pains that come along with it. It’s like massaging two people at once!
9. Favourite Urban Spa service to receive: I love getting pedicures, because they always do a much better job than I can do myself. It feels like such a luxury!
10. Favourite Book: Crazy for the Storm: Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins. I can’t even begin to describe it. It’s weird and awesome. And the author is Canadian!
11. TV show you can’t live without: I don’t watch a lot of tv, but I do generally enjoy HBO shows. I also really like New Girl. Zooey Deschanel is so quirky and funny, and the writing is great!
12. If you were stuck on an island what would be the one thing you’d want with you? Music! It’s such a huge part of my daily life. I would go nuts sitting in silence.
13. Secret Indulgence: It’s no secret, but I love chocolate. Really high quality, creamy chocolate… Yum!
14. Did you go to school for anything else besides this career: I did a year of university at Queen’s before I switched to massage therapy at Fleming College. I was taking psychology and sociology and it was really interesting, but I decided massage therapy was a better career option for me.
15. Give 3 items on your bucket list. 1- I’d love to take a trip to Sweden (where I was born) in the near future to see my family. It’s been far too long since I was there last. 2- My boyfriend and I want to take a road trip through the US together, hitting all the big antique fairs along the way, and seeing some architectural landmarks, like Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater. 3- It’s not terribly unique or interesting, but starting a family one day is high on my list of goals.
Introductory Offer – (Extremely limited availability, move fast!)
Your choice, you can pay $75 for a 60 minute Massage Therapy Session or you can pay $59.
If you purchase a 3 pack of 60 minute Massage Therapy Services, instead of paying the normal $75 rate you will get them for $59 – this is a VERY RARE offer and it won’t last long, take advantage of this now.
To purchase you can buy online (click here), you can call us 705-741-1212 or email us.
PAIRING OPTION: Imagine yourself at a 5 star restaurant and you get served up a beautiful filet mignon or a succulent breast of tender chicken. The server should offer to pair your meal with a nice glass of wine, right?
At The Urban Spa, we are now offering PAIRING OPTIONS where we will pair your service with another service to enhance your experience. In this case, with the 60 minute Massage Therapy treatment, you can pair this with an awesome Blo-Out (ONLY $20) or an Express Facial ($43). Mention which pairing option you would prefer at the time of booking.
Not So Fine Print *This introductory offer is available to everyone who books with Jennie Persson. First Massage Therapy Session must be redeemed in August 2014. Package is valid for three months from date of purchase. Limited to one package per person and is non-transferrable.